Don't forget to check out the classic Fred The Clown strips at the bottom of the page. Updated every Tuesday to Friday.

Friday, August 24, 2007

This Time It's Personal

ANOTHER ART SHARING ENTRY
If you don't know what MoCCA is, well then I'm glad to rectify that situation. Simply put, it's the acronym of an organization called the Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art. The name itself should be descriptive enough, but if you do want to find out more details about the organization, you can check the Wikipedia entry about them here or you can visit their official website here.

MoCCA is really well known to enthusiasts of comics for regularly hosting various events throughout the year that celebrates the artform. Every year they celebrate an annual MoCCA Art Festival. It was held last June 23-24 of this year. Luckily for me, even if I didn't had the ability to attend, that an online buddy of mine,one Jeremy Hughes, is a volunteer worker for that said organization. The list of guests and exhibitors this year was practically a "who's who" of professionals I admire or look up to. The guy managed to snag me some sketches with personal greetings or dedication to me and I really love and appreciated it. I'm sharing those to you now.


This one was done by Raina Telgemeier, probably and currently most famous for as the illustrator of the Baby-sitters Club Graphic Novel series, adapted from the novel by Ann M. Martin. You can find more info about her on her official website goRaina.com



This particular sketch is done by Craig Yoe. I have to admit that he is a bit on the obscure side of fame, but I really do love his works. With his body of works, nobody could really argue though his success as an artist and personal achievements.

Craig Yoe is co-founder of YOE Studio and a proponent of Arf. If you have no idea what the heck I just said, then just click the links, please? I do love Arf.



Okay, last but not the least (or is it?). This next artwork is something not done by anybody famous. Heck he doesn't even claim to be an artist himself. However, I do like, and I mean really like whatever drawings of his he posts on the internet. This one is done by my online buddy Jeremy Hughes himself, by special request from me. I asked for something that combined horror and 1950s sci-fi. This was what I got:


This sucker blew me away! I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the art you have there.
And the fact that there is an "indy" exposition truly makes me happy.

I'll keep an eye for the artists that you posted.